Sensible Skills Class (4 months and up)
This is our general manners course in which we will teach you and your pup how to work though many basic skills throughout the course of 5 sessions. You and your dog will build a stronger bond while practicing these skills and adding distractions to solidify your dog’s ability to perform them.
Upcoming 5 week classes
Sun, 2/18 – Sun, 3/17 from 10-11 AM
What is covered
- Focus and attention skills
- Leave It
- Loose Leash Walking
- Polite Greetings
- Mat Work
- Building on Distractions
- In order to attend, your dog must be over 4 months and fully vaccinated for DH2PP, Rabies and Bordetella.
- Dogs who are anxious, fearful, aggressive or excessively excitable around other dogs and/or people are not a good fit for this class but may benefit from private training.
- We welcome the entire family for training so long as there is an adult present (for children under 13) and no one is disruptive to class.
Puppy Pre K (8 – 16 weeks)
This course will teach some of the basics for your puppy’s wellbeing and will have an emphasis on socialization which is crucial in their first four months of age. We will spend half the class on socialization with puppies playing in small, monitored groups and confidence building exposure to new sights, sounds and smells. The other half will focus on basic training and puppy fundamentals. This class is perfect for all puppy owners who are looking for a more structured socialization opportunity with the addition of trainer support for important milestones.
Upcoming 4 week classes
What is covered
- Fundamentals of Learning
- Crate Training
- Pattern Games
- Cooperative Care
- Avoiding Problem Behaviors
- Sound desensitization
- Surface and Tactile exposure
- Introduction to items in home
- Exposure to outside items
- Conditioning to wheeled objects
- Greeting humans, unique outfits
- Your puppy needs to be 8-16 weeks at the start of class.
- Puppies must be up to date on age appropriate vaccination requirements for DA2PP, Bordetella and Rabies and must stay up to date through the entirety of class dates. Any sick puppies should not attend class for the safety of others.
- Puppies with intense fear, anxiety or aggression towards other dogs or people are not a good fit for this class but may benefit from private training.
- You are responsible for requiring necessary training tools prior to class. These items include a 6 ft flat leash, harness and a large supply of training treats (more than you think you need).
Ready to get started with our Group classes?
Contact Us Now!